View Single Post
Old March 6, 2011, 03:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212
You can say that Bangladesh has been playing cricket much before 1999. I'm talking about when Ireland and Bangladesh have made their first appearances on the world stage. and Irish team isn't priveleged with the same facilities as the Bangladesh team. The Irish team plays with much more passion and effort than the Bangladesh team. If you want you can debate with me on that.
If you're just going by first World Cup appearance than Bangladesh has been playing cricket for under 12 years not 17.

Yes I agree they put up spirted displays in World Cricket Events and make the best of their limited resources but....and a big but....

Check or look up their performaces inbetween, we thrashed them 3-0 when they came here, India won by 9 wickets when they visited Ireland, heck they even lost to kenya and afghanistan just before this world cup...So just looking at their WC performance is a bit misleading...

Also one of the requirements set by the ICC to get test status is "established cricket culture" which bangladesh has....(just look at the passion).Ireland I don't think can ever match our passion and love for the game because soccer rules over there...