View Single Post
Old March 4, 2011, 10:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba
I have been a silent spectator in this forum and this thread has made me speak out. Akbir your ignorance knows no bounds. you claim that Ireland is a team of hired guns. Do you even know that the team that beat England had 9 homegrown irish players and 2 people of Australian origin who are married to Irish women and are in dublin for over 15 years. You speak about Irish cricket as if you know what you are talking about. I am involved with irish cricket and let me tell you that there are quite a few homegrown talent that you will be hearing about in the future.

Poynter, Balbarnie, Delany to name a few. When the Irish captain spoke he did not say that the Irish team was better than the BD team but spoke that the CHANCES of beating BD were higher than beating stronger teams like Ind, Eng and SA. They aimed to beat BD. I think by the end of the group stahes you will find that they have performed better than BD in this world cup and away from home.

Apologies to all rational BD fans
Nice to know. We have high hopes from Ireland. We need more good teams in cricket. I hope the Irish team does well and gets the test status soon.