View Single Post
Old November 5, 2012, 04:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

Akram Khan, along with, Habibul Bashar and Minhajul Nannu

Today is a new day, not just another day, rather a special one!
A day with a lots of sunshine, not just flicker of shine!!

A day, where our selectors came out as winners - not an easy one, especially, in a country like Bangladesh!!! How many times you have seen a decision was taken against the "establishments"? Yes!. Ashraful is an "institution" in Bangladesh. Some might not agree, but leaving him out from a 22 men squad is a real brave one where even our state ministers lobby for "him".

Secondly, the squad announced for the upcoming tests against West Indies seems based on performance, not just based on so called experience which is a rare scene in Bangladesh cricket! A combination of experienced and young talents have been selected who could take our cricket ahead led by the likes of Sakib, Tamim, Mushfiq ,Gazi, Mominul and Taskin etc.

Unlike the previous BCB president, we might have found a visionary boss in Mr. Nazmul Hassain - who seems quite interested to listen rather to talk. Time will say how he might perform, but looks promising so far.

And finnaly, I would like to congratulate the selectors for taking a bold decision and hope they would remain strong and follow a fair selection policy beyond any outside influences. Thank You.

All hail the SELECTORS!

Note: I am an Ashraful fan (not a fanatic one though!). Nothing could beat the joy of watching him when he is on song.
I hope and wish, he will take a break, think, go back to Richard and sorts out his mistakes and come back as a winner.