View Single Post
Old November 8, 2013, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I think guys like Taskin, who are not benefiting from playing domestic cricket and are not ready for the national team yet, need to be sent off to the Ultimate Pace Foundation and similar fast bowling camps around the world. Maybe even the MCI for continuity and consistency. I know Ian Pont gets on a lot of people's nerves here, but even if you think the guy is totally crazy, he is at the end of the day a very good fast bowling coach (and frankly, I think he'd make a very good HC too - not that many others wouldn't). If his ten ads a day on Twitter are any indication, he has a need (or a want, or whatever economic term you want to associate with it) and we have a need, so it's a mutually beneficial business proposition (then again, all things in business are). Our FBs are obviously not getting the kind of coaching they need at home and it might be a bit late for guys like Mashrafe (plus we need him for international fixtures, so can't just send him away for a couple of months), but Taskin and other young bowlers in the backlog could benefit from evading bad habits from a young age.

We just have to make sure that BCB includes a No-Shafiul-Against-India-WC11-Repeat clause in the contract.