View Single Post
Old January 4, 2009, 12:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
Thnx man, I was beginning to get very anxious.. trouble with us is having enough back-up players to keep the cuurent players (in the team) honest. Thnx to a crappy board and a badly-organised first-class tournament, we do not really have this. Players like Mahbub Alam and Shuvo are only now coming out of the system. Other thing is- we do not have a consistence in selection so many good players feel insecure, whereas some bad ones keep being bad... Look at how they just dropped Mahbub. At the end of the day, we'd only get better when we play more, and ppl (read:attention-seekers) from england, who've never helped us, can shut their pie-hole.
It is very easy to put wholesale blame on the cricket board. However, it is necessary to understand the complete picture. I think the board is doing a good job right now. Jamie Siddons criticizes about the infrastructure. It takes multiple years to build up cricket infrastructures. First class cricket tournament in Bangladesh was first created around the time Bangladesh started playing test cricket. It takes decades to create facilities for this sort of tournament. Therefore it is understandable that infrastructure is not going to be satisfactory right away. Bangladesh is a poor country and it does not have the luxury to throw money at the problem and solve the issue quickly. I think BCB has taken some great steps to increase popularity of the game and increase competitiveness in the first class tournament.