View Single Post
Old May 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Herbert Sutcliffe

My Dear Shaad,

Thank you for your comment. I was indeed made aware by my Bangladesi friend Rob of the legal system. I thought the article might be of some interest as it raises some liberal aspects of islam, especially, with regards to the interpretation that might be useful for a discussion here. I was interested in the views of Bangladeshi muslims and non-muslims with regards to the legal system and shariya law.

Interestingly, being a great admirer of the subcontinental cuisine, I eat in a lot of Indian restaurants which are by and large owned, and operated by Bangladeshi families. So often I have had discussions with the young waiting staff on various matters, a lot of whom happen to be very intelligent university or A-Level students, to do with their home country, religion, cricket, politics, albeit, not in that order that I find it fascinating to come back to this forum and see what the young people here think of these various issues.

Lastly, while I do not seek plaudits or praise, the number of second and third generation Bangladeshi's I have mentioned this forum to should get you a few new members! I know that the young gentleman from Cardiff whom I recently met at a conference on comparative religion was most interested in finding out more about this forum and might even join.