View Single Post
Old January 3, 2010, 01:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Q: You will be out of the field even in this series. How do you feel?
A: Wanted to play this series involving two good teams and a lot of viewers. Would have had expected a lot from myself as a comeback series. More importantly the series involves playing against two very good teams who are playing fantastic cricket at the moment. So it would have been a big challenge. Would have been nice if I were up to the challenge. I missed playing against Zimbabwe and West Indies, but wasn’t so disappointed.

Q: What’s the update on injury? For some time people were hopeful that you might play…..
A: I feel I am quite fit. But I am still lacking some confidence about the jump while delivering the ball. I have not come back to the same stage I was before the injury.

Q: So when can you come back?
A: I am still hopeful that I might be able to play the 3rd or 4th game of this tournament. But I will have to convince first that I am fit. Don’t have much of a time to do that, and it’s a challenge I am willing to take.

Q: What about the test series against India?
A: I am not thinking of test at all at the moment. Not even thinking of New Zealand tour. At this point I am thinking to play ODIs and T20Is.

Q: You have always been good against India. India is here but you are not playing. Any extra bit of disappointment in that regard?
A: India and SriLanka are equally good team. I am played well against India before. I have played well against SriLanka in that final match; played well in group match too. The fact of the matter is it’s always nice to play well against bigger team, feels even better if I am able to perform. Playing well against Zimbabwe and performing well against India or SriLanka is not the quite the same.

Q: Your absence weakens Bangladesh’s pace attack. You have seen all the players this time around. How confident do you think they are?
A: They seem confident. I think pace attack is better than it used to be. It seems like they might do well. Ones who have international exposure will have to take more responsibility.

Q: What about Saiful Islam, the new pacer?
A: He has played well in domestic. But doing well in international is bit different. The quicker he picks up the difference the better it would be. This series would be quite a bit of challenge for him. He has played for A team and for Academy. Hopefully he will do well.

Q: what do you think should be the target for Bangladesh in this series?
A: The sort of cricket Bangladesh is playing now, they should try to reach final. We must not only play well, but also win while playing well. It will be very tough to reach final. Opponents have been playing very good cricket between them. But that does not mean they are unbeatable.

Last edited by mafizraju; January 3, 2010 at 05:47 AM..