View Single Post
Old July 19, 2006, 05:12 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd
Well, if you want to know type, I don't think there is many in current bangladeshi bangla literature. In english, I have the luxury to choose certain type of novel be in adventure or romance.
Dear Abd, if you go through true Bangla literature you will get a good selection of types..

I am just mentioning few of them (who are from Bangladesh) ..

1. Humour - Syed Mujtaba Ali,
2. Serious - Akhteruzzaman Ilyas , Syed Waliullah & many others
3. Muktijudhdo - Jahanara Imam
4. Life and society - Humayun Azad, Showkat Ali, Nasrin Jahan
5. Science fiction - Jafar Iqbal
6. Light & refreshing fiction - Humayun Ahmed, Anisul Huq, Imdadul Huq Milom
7. Biography - Abdullah Abu Sayeed
8. Research and Litertaure - Abdul Mannan Syed, Mahbubul Alam, Kabir Chowdhury, Alauddin - Al - Azad
9. Adult prose - Humayun Azad, Taslima Nasrin (some of their work is really good!!)
10. Science - Abdullah Al Muti Sarfuddin
11. Poetry - Mahadev Saha, Shamsur Rahman, Al Mahmud
12. For Childdrens - Sukumar Roy, Humayun Ahmed, Jafor Iqbal

I have not mentioned the names of Rabindranath, Nazrul, Satyajit Roy, Bankim Chandra, Sharat Chandra, Ishyar Chndra, Samaresh, Shirshendu, Sunil, Amitabh, Nimai as I think you already know their names and works. If not try any of them you will find a lot of good works.

Definitely many other writers from Bangladesh and India are writing variety of works in Bangla. If you want I can provide a more detailed version with recommeneded books from each of them.

I have to mention the name of Sheba Prokashoni and their variety of books including Anubad, Western, Masud Rana, Sheba Romantic, Kishor Classic and Kishor Thriller which were my addiction in my school days.