Thread: More on Openers
View Single Post
Old April 30, 2004, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

well i guess,
for the one days rana and biddut is going to be a good choice. but you are right golla is one of the best fielders of bangladesh. bulbul was also a very good fielder and so is i think rajin. well when golla used to practice in the buet field i used to see that he actually did fielding practice for a long time and the outcome has also been very good. he has become one of the best fielders of our team. and i think you are right that golla is actually not a good choice for the one days. but i think he still is a good opener for the test matches. i think we should give him a chance. and i dont think that he is that old that we should think that his time has gone. but the unfortunate thing is that i dont think he scored that many runs in this corporate league which might be a concern for the selectors and the coach. but he still has a few more matches to prove himself and i hope he will be able to prove him. but shahriar has really proved him and has also held his confidence very high. hope he will be able to shine in the upcoming tour in west indies also.