View Single Post
Old November 2, 2012, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
also i'm interested to understand why so many pick nasir for the #7 role. he doesn't bowl much, and he is one player that has a cool head on his shoulders. for me the main battle for batting positions in the XI is between nasir and naeem, i think only one can get a spot and they'll be at #4 or #5 depending on where you want shakib to bat.
This is exactly why Nasir should bat at #7 for tests only. Tests isnt T20 where you need to score quick runs all the time. The role of the #7 depends purely on the situation and Nasir will fit well into the equation because he can change gears anytime he wants to. Personally i want Nasir to bat at #6.

Naeem should definitely be in the starting national team.

I understand why you want Nasir to bat higher up the order. But think of him as Mike Hussey. Hussey is more than capable to be able to bat at #4 or #5 in tests but at #6 he is really dependable for the team. Even though Hussey bats at #6 he has a batting average of 50 and has 16 hundreds to his name. And there were many situations where he saved Australia from defeats because he hung on with the tail. Thats the sort of player i think Nasir is so thats why i want Nasir at #6.

The importance of Hussey to the Aussie team at #6 sums it up when he made a 107-run 10th-wicket partnership with Glenn McGrath which i think saved that test match. I think Nasir fits that role perfectly so i say leave him at #6. Dont get Tests confused with T20 or ODIs. Batting at #6 is just as important as opening because at #6 you have develop the art of hanging on with the tail and scoring runs which i think is a real art in itself.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Mominul Haque
4. Naeem Islam
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Elias Sunny
9. Enamul Haque jnr
10. Nazmul Hossain
11. Rubel Hossain