View Single Post
Old January 25, 2010, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

These guys have a long way to go. They may be talented, but other than Shahadat I don't think they're ready for Test cricket yet. Even Shahadat has got a lot of work to do. For example - and this is just one example - he strays down the leg way too much. Easy pickings for anyone, let alone subcontinental batsmen who are so good off the pads.

I'm tired of watching bowlers show a lot of promise without any end result. Pretty much every fast bowler starting from Manju to Talha to Sharif to ... to Sajed to Robin to this bunch has shown "promise", but none of them have turned out to be long term solutions.

Let me be clear that I don't blame the players for this. I'm sure these guys will become good with time, but I'm not sure they should be playing Test cricket yet. Figures of 100+/0 off 23 overs aren't exactly inspiring, no matter who the opposition is. I just feel that these guys will be giving us much more if they make their way to the national team through a process where they play a few FC seasons at home and go on enough overseas FC tours. The reality is Shafiul has only played 7 FC games and Rubel was picked off the streets from a pacer hunt program.