View Single Post
Old August 29, 2010, 05:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
because he didn't know it was a reporter, he thought he was a guy who was going to invest thousands of $$$ in his betting syndicate and he was giving him a 'marketing pitch' of sorts. sting operations like this are very elaborate and reporters go to enormous lengths to create a believable identity.
don't forget he did predict the huge no-ball from aamer.

reyme, interesting point you make, I don't know if asoka is crooked but ICC should definitely look into umpires as well, I think this is something that has never been focused upon.
I don't think a guy of his income (As the article says) & a ring master needs to go on retailing to every one, if that journalist could lure him (Bookie), he really needed to prove his ablity to invest. It is highly un realistic that the bookie will jump into convincing an unknown person like that, without checking his financial & related credibility for such business.

I don't like to assume the worst, although I have full confidence on the Pak players that they are capable of doing it. I'm not fully convinced with the entire setup of the story. There are quiet a few loose ends.