View Single Post
Old June 9, 2008, 12:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Even thought its true (what he is saying), these kind of comments publickly is very demoralizing and kind of 'moral busting' for a young team when its comming from the Captain. On paper there was supposed to be 6/7 batsman in the team. Now if The captain publickly says that there is only one batsman besides himself that he have trust and the rest are no good....then I have to say that Ash is a quick learner in one sense .... learning from Siddon very quickly how to demoralize his young team with his comments.
That's one of of seeing this. I think the message should be interpreted a bit more positively. If you know that Ash is the only player capable of making those big scores against any team then he's right to send that message to Ash. When the message is clear to Ash and he starts scoring regularly, others players will follow suit because he will have left a precedence to follow. It's not to demoralize (others) young players but to further emphasize his importance in our batting line up. It's very surprising though that a player in the national team doesn't realize this on his own. I am hoping it will work out for best. Based on our record we never win games where we have to score close to 6 runs an over and even if Ash played aggressively when he was, we still wouldn't have won the game because the players who could have won the game for us were in the pavillion. We lose a lot games trying to reinvent the wheel so losing another for the sake of self-improvement may not be such a bad thing if things work out for Ashraful.