Thread: Mankaded
View Single Post
Old March 26, 2019, 12:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Its there in the rule book and we have to accept it.

However, I am yet to watch the video of how Ashwin did it. The act of mankading itself is not unsporting or against the spirit of cricket in my opinion, but depending on the circumstance or how the bowlers approaches it and does the deed, it can be unsporting, uncouth, and against the spirit of cricket.

In the case of Mohammad Rafique, had he done it, it would be completely within the spirit of cricket.

As for R Ashwin, I do not like how he carries himself as a player. He is OBNOXIOUS, and his obnoxiousness level is close to that of Sreeshant.

Quote:
The question here, though, was whether Buttler would have been inside his crease had Ashwin not stopped at the point of delivery. The updated law 41.16 says: "If the non-striker is out of his/her ground from the moment the ball comes into play to the instant when the bowler would normally have been expected to release the ball, the bowler is permitted to attempt to run him/her out."

The wording "expected to release the ball" leaves room for subjectivity, which is where Ashwin's assertion that he hadn't even loaded becomes critical. If the bowler hadn't even loaded, as Ashwin said, is it possible to estimate a time when he was "expected to release the ball"?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...7499/undefined
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.