View Single Post
Old October 11, 2013, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
CI had to mention the Chittagong Century he scored against us on the 1st day of that Test.

Sewhag called us Ordinary and than Shakib/Rajib ran through the Indian lineup except for Sachin, Shakib tried not to concede the single at the end of the over and Sachin would loft the spinners for 6.

The thing that stands out for me is the number of times he was out in the 90's in ODI's

Once and for all Lara vs Sachin vs Ponting ... who are you taking?
The Rajib actually got SRT out that match before the 100, but it was either dropped by some dinkus or 2 guys got under it, neither called, and both thought the other was taking the catch and let the turf get it.

Had that DOLLY of a catch been taken, SRT would still be on 99 tons.

I will miss him. I loved his style, but I was always jealous of why India has him and not some other country, so I always celebrated his failures all the while regonizing his greatness. There were some things he did that no one else has done and will likely not ever do. Being ready at 16 is the foremost and playing for 20 years at a very high level. That said, I don't think he was the greatest ever player or batsman - even most Indians I think realize that. Check gowza's XI in his signature, Sachin is on the second XI. He wasn't even the greatest in his era probably. And he had a tendency to succumb to pressure and disappear in clutch situations.

But no one, and I mean no one played their strokes to perfection like he did. And he was a very humble level headed guy. The Kholis of the world can't compete on class. He will be sorely missed just on presence alone.

ODIs, I'd take Sachin. Tests, I'd prolly take Lara or ideally Kallis!

#OneTeam1Dream