View Single Post
Old May 20, 2011, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Despite the cliche about terrorists and freedom fighters...you couldn't be further from the truth.

Everyone has a right to defend themselves and to fight for a cause, and if compelled to defend that cause through violence so be it....But your attempts to draw parallel between the Palestinian struggle and that of our nation are wide of the mark.

Under no circumstances should we excuse the bombing of civilians, homes, schools and buses. I shed no tears for those who die in armed conflict while a protagonist, but I will not let personal bias real or imagined to excuse the murder of children, women and the elderly be they muslims, christians or yes Jews.

It is wonderful that you point out the social work Hamas does in the territories ala Hezbollah in Lebanon, which gains it sympathy, popularity, and credibility with the masses.

But that doesn't take away from suicide bombings in bus stops, cafes, buses, or malls.

I'm sure the Pakistani scum who were raping women and girls in this country, and murdering hundreds of thousands, also had families, and were well liked by their neighbors, and possibly even donated money to the local mosque every Jummah. But they were and are still, just that...SCUM.

I fear you're going to next tell me Al-Qaeda and its off shoots are also freedom fighters.
Well actually, I don't believe any of these Islamic parties to be terrorist parties.

Hezbollah fought Israel clean and fair in 2006, and they held their own. They defended their people, and know have seats in the Lebanese government.

If Hamas military wing (Al-Qassam brigades) where not to fight, who would. It is comparable to those who died in Bangladesh. The world saw them as terrorists. But they fought for what they believe in and so did the Palestinians.

Al-Qaeda on the other hands attacks people who are in places that DIDN'T affect them, but now do. They had no right to do what they did to America, but that does not give anyone the right to go and kill a nation.

And Israel's do rape women in palestine, and if anyone's family was part of this, you would say fight back.