View Single Post
Old October 28, 2008, 07:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cric crazy
Thank You admin for trying to maintain the standard of civility in this forum which I do not feel that I have violated.

I think it is only fair that I am given the opportunity to defend my right to have my affiliation with where ever I please and that I do not need any Tom Dick or Harry to tell me otherwise.

If they have any problems with that then TOUGH.
cric crazy,
We all love BD Nat. players regardless of whichever districts they may come from. I admire Kapali because he is a brilliant player and not because he hails from any particular district. Although, as a fellow "Sylheti" (I was born there) it feels great when he or any other (Sylheti) players do well. I suppose, this is very natural. Likewise, I feel great when Ashdafool plays well.

Love or regards for ones region or birthplace is healthy, desirable and a praiseworthy trait. But fanatical regionalism, tribalism and nationalism are for tunnel-vissioned people. We all share the same country- same planet! Allah's mercy pervades all the regions and all the lands. Our common humanity is much more important than which land we come from -unless- its Mars, of course.

Pundit,
I'm surprised a veteran like you got wind up so easily!

Last edited by BanCricFan; October 28, 2008 at 07:36 AM..