View Single Post
Old April 26, 2007, 10:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_fan_from_india
although ash has the potential to become a big-hitter, but to call him a big-hitter now is a overstatement. a big-hitter needs to hit 6s consistently. in the 3 innings u said - the 100 against aus and the 87 against sa did not contain any 6s. and someone who didnt hit any 6 in 2 of his best odi innings cannot be called a big-hitter. even tamim is closer to being called a big-hitter than ash as tamim has hit a few 6s.

the 1 closest enough to being called a big-hitter is mortaza as he has hit 6s consistently against the weaker teams and could continue the same form against the big teams as well as he hit 3 6s in the warm-up against nz.
LOL.. you are a pincher aren't U! Your compliments always seems to have a BUT in the end.
Quote:
mortaza as he has hit 6s consistently against the weaker teams
Weaker team?? Don't really keep track of stats religiously, but how about his innings against SA. Or are u calling SA weak team. Ohh.. I see.. you just have a point there, specially after yesterdays match.. HMMM...

Wait we are talking about big hitter here then... not good.. consistant batsmen. Personally I don't really care about big hitters. For me, slow and steady batsman builds the innings, big hitters throws the bat around, gets a couple of sixes, then gets himself out, puts the other batsman and team under pressure. Not to mention causes my heartrate to go up.

But have to admit it though, whenever we needed a big hitter, someone steped up. As far as I can rememeber, Pilot hit a six and won the ICC final, Aftab hit a six against Aus and we won that one too. Stat crazy ppl, I am pretty sure you guys can give us couple of more examples. Go nuts.