View Single Post
Old April 21, 2008, 11:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I thought I gave you an opportunity to understand what you are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
BANFAN, do you even understand what I have written? what do you mean by "pura cup or County or any overseas tournaments are not at your disposal"? I'm saying we should make a concerted effort for our players to participate in these events. I'm not pretending I'm the first to think of this, Bashar said as much recently in his recent interview with miraz bhai.
For your info, a place in the Pura cup/County are not on sale. Neither distributed on request. Players of almost all the test playing countries are interested to play in some county team, if any of our players were of that standard, they would have got a call. You probably know, where Ash is going to play next season. Why doesn't Bashar try to play for a county team himself? he is free, he even is not being taken by lower level teams in England. That's what I meant.

Quote:
Overseas players are permitted to play in county cricket (plenty of australians and south africans are doing it now) and the same is true of some Aussie doemestic competitions. I was suggesting individual players be recruited for some of these competitions, not that Bangladesh participate as a team.
You make me laugh. Hope you have understood, if not Don't you think that some proof of one's ability is needed for playing in those teams? They have not opened 'Pathshala' for our players to run 'Food for education'.

Quote:
For the record, even if I were suggesting this, it is not beyond the realms of possibility. bangladesh played as the guest team in the ranji trophy in 2003 and Ireland and scotland participate in the Friends Provident Trophy in England. zimbabwe recently competed (as a country) in a south african doemstic tournament.
Bangladesh played in India and also in Pak, they performed poor in both the tournaments, now they will also not take them anymore. Why should SA or England give such practice to BD? They would Rathar preffer their continental teams. There are more teams than BD in the world, entire world resource can't be booked for BD only, isn't it?

Quote:
If you are unsure as to what i mean, please just ask rather than embarassing yourself with a peurile and poorly-argued response.
I was quiet sure, what I was telling and what you were. That's why I wrote that. We should look for solutions at home and international exposure should come through A team & age group tours. We can try to increase those rathar. We should be able to produce players at home to get a call from interested teams worldwide and they can be more effective by playing overseas. But I'm sorry that, they don't teach basics in county or pura cup teams. Right now it will be more than begging, we are incapable.. please help us. Unfortunately world is used to give money and food to the beggers, not knowledge and skill.

Last edited by BANFAN; April 21, 2008 at 11:30 AM..