View Single Post
Old February 10, 2010, 06:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rohan Kanhai
Default Bangladesh will Only Show Competitiveness

If they find an answer to Daniel Vettori. I find it quite sad that a team who has played plenty of Left arm spin (Shakib, Razzak, Haque Jr, even Rafique), cannot seem to find an answer to Daniel Vettori.

Believe me, Vettori is a class act, and quite different from other left arm spinners. But if you ask me there is no reason that his average should be so low vs Bangladesh. Especially seeing the talent and improvement before our eyes.

Yes, McCay and the rest sparked the collapse, but you can never count out Dan the Man...Bangladesh plays pace decently, except they are a little suspect to loose shots and short pitched bowling.

Tamim in particular is good enough to get through the pace bowling. But it will be very annoying to see him give away his wicket to spin again, such as in the 1st ODI. Vettori went wicketless and gave away 25 runs, and Bangladesh ended up getting twice as much as many would have expected.

If they play Vettori with caution and he doesn't wreck Bangladesh, expect a competitive match. 10 overs for 30 runs will be excellent unless they are chasing about 350.