View Single Post
Old December 5, 2012, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Shakib was best...politickin kore ber kore dewa hoisilo...and what's this bs abt he cannot handle too much pressure and his game would be hindered....homeboy THRIVES under pressure.

we need an alpha male to lead us...not a 2 feet 2 hobbit

Edit: Mushy is very intelligent no doubt. He also plays a good role of sheet anchor to rotate strikes and prevent megacollapses. But I think he cannot handle pressure as much as Shakib.
Though I don't want Shakib to be the captain now. But I've to agree with you on that point.

Shakib does keep his cool in a very pressure situation and can clinch a victory from a losing position. His captaincy in the NZ series is a proof of that, specially the 5th ODI where he had a very small total to defend and NZ was looking like heading towards victory. Shakib looked frustrated, angry at times but he made the right decisions on the field. Same happened when he was playing in DPL and BPL. So many times it looked like his team is going to lose but he somehow managed to win those. I think Ash has the same trait as well. But Mushy looks completely clueless and stupid in those pressure situations. Another best thing about Shakib is, he is probably the only captain in BD cricket history who lead his team from the front. Captaincy didn't quite affect his performance.

But I still believe Mushy will learn and will be matured over time. The best thing about Mushy is he manages the team very well, which definitely is not Shakib's forte.