View Single Post
Old January 23, 2018, 02:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Salam Brother Rifat..Here are my questions for you

1. What is your best memory as a BD fan?

2. How will BD do in 2019 WC?

3. If you were the president of USA for a day, what would be the first thing you would do?

4. What is your view of honor killing?

5. Homosexuality. A disease or something you are born with? Would it be okay if a scholar/Imam is gay?

Wa'alaikumus salaam warahmatullah,

1. For a very very long time, it was world cup 2007 wins over India and South Africa. and then Bangladesh beating NZ 1st ODI in 2008. and then Bangladesh beating Sri Lanka in a tri series match and then Bangladesh beating NZ 4-0 in 2010. and then Asia cup 2012 and then in 2015 Test match that 300+ Test partnership against Imrul Kayes and Tamim against Pakistan. sorry not a straight forward answer. It's hard to pick. Honorable mention: Robiul Islam ripping through Zimbabwe in Zimbabwe even though Bangladesh lost. that was a very special performance. the true and honest answer is that, it changes every couple of years :p. insha Allah I am planning to go to England in 2019 to watch them live. I pray to Allah consistently and every day that I am not disappointed . I want to take the whole team out to a fancy dinner insha Allah, someday. But they have to EARN that first hehehe.

2. Only Allah knows the future

3. LOADS of things! stop all Wars. especially the ones where U.S.A. is the aggressor/initiator. cease relationship with illegitimate state (and stop funding them and fund that money directly to U.S. residents such as Education/healthcare/taking care of veterans/a.k.a people who gave heart and soul to serve the U.S. but now treated like s***). probably get assassinated along the way but it's worth it . U.S.A. is behind a lot of nations such as China/India and many european countries in many many many regards especially quality of public education and healthcare and mass incarceration/treatment of some minority groups. my goal is to really Make America Great. Many people think Americans and dumb and stupid and fiscally irresponsible, I want to change that perception gradually.

4. I don't know what honor killing really is, honestly. My rule of thumb is If it ain't in Qur'an or Sunnah then why do Muslims invent such things and conflate culture with Islam? my biggest problem with the muslim world today they take bits and pieces of Islamic law without proper understanding and they apply it to situations where it doesn't fit. We see this happening in the Muslim world all the time and this is a big problem, no doubt. The Hudud(punishment) for fornication or stealing does not apply to many situations but in the name of Islam maybe someone committed murder...Allah will deal with them accordingly in the day of judgement No doubt! The only ones who carry out such punishments is the khalifa or the leader of the Muslims. This system has been abandoned since the fall of the Ottoman empire. they blamed Islam for their fall but in reality, if one were to study the rise and fall of Islamic Spain and Ottoman empire, they placed more value on things in this life rather than the hereafter. Allah gave the muslims everything ONLY because we practiced Islam as a society. there was a point where we controlled the world at will in pretty much every single aspect because But today, it's the other way around because of our priorities...

5. I personally think that your sexuality and your sexual orientation is a very personal and private matter. The society we live in hypes it up more than it needs to be and there are loads of social problems created as a result such as the body image problem for women. men treating women without respect, Infidelity in Marriage etc.. Every one has their struggles and shortcomings no doubt. an Imam (a true scholar/imam is someone who is very close to Allah subhana wa ta'la plus has the prerequisite understanding of Islam and Islamic wisdom), even if He/She were to struggle with this particular issue, someone who follows Islam would never advertise his/her sins publicly and I wouldn't be able to tell and I am not gonna go and knock on someone's door or it's none of my business what people do or don't do with their sexual lives or how many wives they have cause frankly that's between them and Allah and indeed Allah is the most conclusive of all judges. Many of the companions of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam were very very human contrary to the pedestal some people might put them to, we just don't hear about their stories as much. for example: there was a companion of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam who used to struggle with drinking alcohol. there was another young companion of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam who had the courage to ask him to allow fornication(again, a topic that goes back to the crux of this question) permissible for him. One of the amazing things I learned about studying the lives of the Sahabas is that anytime they would narrate a Hadith, if there was a blameworthy character in someone, they would NEVER mention by name. they would say "a man came to prophet(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam). and Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam advised him Do not get angry" but if there was any praiseworthy character in someone that would definitely be highlighted. anyways, sorry for the long and boring answer.