View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 04:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Very informative. Nothing that we don't know but the presentation was thought provoking. The "Sheela Mollik" case was a slap on my independent face.

But, I have few questions.

1. If I go and buy some land in Chittagong Hill-Tracts I am instantly called a settler/land-grabber, while if it was Srimongol or Kuakata I would be considered a business man.

2. Boneheaded politics will always be part of democracy, i.e., British BNP. The main fault was division of Bengal and later during independence two separate countries based on religion emerged, with the common consent of the mass, knowing the aftermath that a huge amount of rehabilitation is about to happen. As the riot became a regular event since the colonial sun started to set. Now, how much we are to blame when I occupy Nitai's land as I am hungry and do not have money and my family has been oppressed hundred years ago by Nitai's family, all of whom left to India and there is no effective law stopping me instead encouraging. I guess this was the case before "Enemy Property Law" was introduced. From the naming you can assume that the religious nationalism was so strong during those days.

3. The claim of raping indigenous women was exaggerated, since coming to BD so far I have not seen one such rape stated in any of the news, while the average molestation case per day currently exceeds 5. If a woman is raped, we go for the culprit and help the victim, regardless of anyone's heritage and ethnicity.

4. When world is moving at a vibrant pace, the indigenous people not only in BD, everywhere has been found to hold on to there old ways. It is a basic natural process to getting extinct. Look at the Indians in USA and other Latin American countries. If the mainstream population is regularly finger pointed for not helping them, they should also realize they did not do much to improve their situation.

But I feel for Kalpana Chakma as much as I feel for the girl who was gang raped in Gazipur.
Because, we all are Bangladeshi, something which I want everyone to realize regardless of ethnic and religious identity.