View Single Post
Old September 3, 2008, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Expect the unexpected. Be realistic about team performance, they are playing the strongest and best team in the world. A little while ago, Brits bowled out the Saffers for 83 runs and beat them whilst not losing a wicket, they endured that humiliating defeat, they lost all 4 ODIs very badly. In the last ODI India was beaten badly by Sri Lanka. The Aussies thrashed the Windians also, and this was done on Windian soil.
Here are my few words say, I am not making excuses for this team, I am so sad for them, but am not mad at them. I blame their coach a great deal.

Let me have my few words say. I am not Bangladeshi, but I love this team and follow their path very closely, I did not expect them to perform well at all, but thought they could have made 150 runs and batted out their 50 overs.

It is like night and day comparing the Bangladeshi cricketers to the Aussies. The Aussies have very good matured batsmen, bowlers, and fielders. Check their ages and how long they are playing in domestic and international cricket. There is simply no comparison.[/B] Many of them have played in many tournaments in australia, and players are paid by their provinces to play cricket.
Also, many of them spend time at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane from an early age and do not develop bad habits. They have superb coaches. They know how to bat and also the pacers are awesome. Mentally, they are strong and they know how to attack the opposition and win games.
What does Bangladesh have? Also Australia has a pool of great players that the National team can call upon to play at any time.
Compared to other countries, BD does not have the luxury and option to have a pool of good and matured players. These boys are very young, inexperienced and mentally deficient. they are struggling to follow the new techniques of their coach and cant seem to get it right. I have noticed their fielding has really improved. I hope BCB can get a pace bowling coach and a spinning coach. Also, these batsmen need to practice on bouncier wickets, so they can manoever the rising ball. Why does'nt Siddons think about these things, they will be touring South Africa in November, and there the wicket is bouncier. I hope that he addresses this situation quickly.