View Single Post
Old March 20, 2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah

5. There will be a sheer lack of LBW decision in this match from this point on, until, of course, Bangladesh comes back to bat again. A "Decision", not a draw - will be forced. Our bowlers won't have much to look forward to, unless they can uproot the stumps 20 times in this match. Anyone can check this out by taking a stat on % of LBW decision in this series so far, and check it against the one taken from this Test at the end.

6. Watch for forcing decisions down the umpire's throats, I mean Hill's throat, Rod is already playing for England.

For us Bangladesh fans: Just relax. England did not come here to hand us a draw. That is out of the question. Won't happen that easily. Don't get your blood pressure up when all the above start happening. Because?

Because they WILL happen.
I think 1st session will be vital tonight. If we can add another 50+ runs, we are unlikely to lose this Test. As for bias umpires, I agree that we are unlikely to get many LBW decisions. You rightly identified that this is going to be a crucial factor in deciding the outcome of this test. This pitch appears to be best suited for LBW trap. And, I will be disappointed if Razzak does not utilise this conditions, with the backing of loud appeals by rest of the players. The boys need to be more assertive, that is put pressure, pressure, and pressure.