View Single Post
Old April 13, 2008, 10:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Sure, that sounds great. Lets ruin another batsman's career by shuffling him up and down the order. I mean after all, what is the difference between handling a new ball and an old ball?
His career will be finished? What a joke! Facing the white new ball in Pakistan and in most countries is not a big deal. If you can bat you can bat. If this guy opens than Bd can afford to add a hitter/bowler at 6. I could have made runs there on that pitch. Even though did nothing this game, I like his batting and I think he can bat at the top because he's got a lot of common sense and better technique than SN. It wouldn't make sense to play him as an all rounder...he can a part time who fills in 5-7 overs at max. None of our openers bowl so, if he opens it fills that void as well. Dravid batted at #3 at the begining of his career, then at #5 for a long time and even opened. Many Australians did it. It's not a big deal just need to change the thought process that's it. Judging by your shock to a simple shifting of one player for the betterment of the team I am almost sure you don't play cricket competitively and haven't played enough at high level. Riyad's better equipped to play the new ball than SN. SN's got no balance, fishes outside off and gets runs from edges. At #6 you need players who can finish. Riyad showed he can't finish. Given the inning Sakib played would you drop him down? If they don't bring ZS, where should he play? Clearly his bowling is below par so Bd probably needs to find an opener that can bowl. Shane Watson was a middle order player but opened ODIs because that's the only way that was possible for him to get batting and to be in the team. At #6 in good teams you get to play fast bowlers because you're often batting in the 40th overs when the fast bowlers come back. If he can't accumulate in a fast rate can't bat #6. Look at the #6 in the world. Hussey, Misbah, McCallum, Dhoni, Boucher, Flintoff, etc.