View Single Post
Old July 1, 2005, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
Buck (Aus coach) would beg to differ.
u r talking about someone who is coach of the no.1 side in the world. even though he doesnt write research papers but his ideas are sometimes laughed at "Ambidextrous players".
Quote:
Well than why don't you dig some up and show me?
the mere fact of the number of wk captains (>8%) show they usually are good readers of the game and thus make good captains.
Quote:
And I've already pointed out the fallacy of your argument from a management pov
i havent seen any argument in your post so far .

Quote:
Again, show me the data. Or give instances of your playing days. I can.
show you data of what? how many test innings u need to play to know u dont have to be a vc to suggest to captain on the field?:P

Quote:
And none of these gentleman were succesful captains. They are talking heads. I've already given an example of Mr. expert, Hussain's captaincy fallacy. You so far have failed to give any specific exampls or data. FYI, you don't notice any of Bangladesh's retired players calling for Bashar's head or complaining. Perhaps they know something that you and I don't.
well if botham, holding or hussain are just talking heads and u think ex bangladeshi players are more credible than them(u r assuming their silence as positive) i have nothing more to say

Edited on, July 2, 2005, 1:34 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: Deleted last paragraph. There are ways to express yourself without insulting people. Please be respectul to the differing opinion