View Single Post
Old January 9, 2010, 03:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
They seem to be the words of a man lacking in confidence, but Shakib believes it's self awareness from a man who knows the limitations of the team and someone who is practical.
I wonder if it has been inculcated by Siddons himself. Hate to be a jerk of a Freudian shrink here and excuse me if I am coming swinging in brutally honest words but.... Does Siddons himself feel that way about his "limitations" for not making it big in ODI arena? But I hope to hell I am wrong. Because if I were there, I'd ask Shakib to define "practical"... at least Ash wasn't bounded by limitations of "practicality" and played more fluidly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
I find this kind of mentality unacceptable from the captain or any players. On our day, we can beat anyone...be it India batting first.

Can't wait for Masri to return and take the leadership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
If you can't even think of winning before the start of the play, please don't bother turning up.

I can't accept this type of mindset. I respect Dav Whatmore for his work on changing the mindset of Bangladeshi boys. Siddons is doing fine with the techniques, but he is not a motivator. I thought Chacha would solve the motivation problem, but I am really disappointed. Technique is at best 50% in any sports, the thirst to win constitutes the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Agreed, this happened when he won the toss. Now according to his words.. if India won the toss and opted to bat first, he would have lost the match immediately after toss.. just knowing that India would bat first and pile up runs. This mindset is not acceptable. He must change it if he wants to be successful. Period.
Complete agreement.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles