View Single Post
Old January 9, 2010, 07:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Spot on.

Whoever wants to challenge Shakib, come and get me first...
Spin is our strength usually...by thinking of what the other team's strength is, he completely forgot his own team's strength. Just assuming India will score 350 is just plain dumb coming from a captain. (Saying it is much dumber.) There is a higher chance of Bangladesh just losing a match if we look at it that way. Doesn't mean we'll just throw in the towel.

I'll tell you something though, Sakib as a cricketer does have balls, more than anyone bar Tamim. He also has some leadership qualities unlike any before him for a long time. He will take us places.. the sooner he believes in every member of his team, the better. I was really proud of our batting, despite the pitch being flat. We actually seem to have a game plan now for batting. Which is good.

Just have more confidence in your bowlers next time.Our bowlers can be one of the top 5 in a few months' time. We are better than the Indians in spin, and almost better in pace with a 2nd/3rd string attack.And our fielding is way better. We need to believe in ourselves more. Its Sakib recently that is making us believe we can.