View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^Rubel would dream of having Tapash Baishya's stats in Test cricket. Tapash has 36 wickets off 29 innings. That's more than a wicket an innings. Rubel can't even manage that. He has 21 wickets in 26 innings and goes at over 4/over. No way should he be playing Tests. Even Steyn gets hammered often in T20 and ODI cricket. The three formats must not be conflated. It's a simple idea, if you can't get wickets in FC cricket then for sure you're not gonna get any in Test cricket. That's why for Tests I'd go with the guys performing in FC cricket. At the very least they won't concede more than 5/over every other innings like Rubel and Abul and can play a support role for the spinners.

To be fair to him, I thought he bowled ok in the last match except the last over. He is slowly regaining his rhythm and bowled well in the few games prior to the last one. Still I would not play him in Tests until he can prove that he can get wickets in FC cricket. He can still be a decent ODI bowler and I hope to see the pre-injury Rubel back soon.