View Single Post
Old December 8, 2013, 05:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
One of the members highlighted the points accused already.

This accusation can not be directly pointed towards Mr Papon.

2. DPL not organized properly
Mismanagement in scheduling is nothing new and though he shares some of the blame, I see how it is a complete failure of Mr Nazmul Hasan.

3. Cox Bazar stadium disaster
If anything, he should be credited for actually having a physical stadium in Coxsbazar.
We were confirmed as the host of WC T20 2014 in 2010, again during the tenure of Mr Mostafa Kamal and absolutely nothing was done during his time.

The work for both Coxs Bazar and Sylhet stadium started and now being finished during Mr Papon's tenure, despite being appointed into the role in barely year and half prior to the world cup.

5. BPL third edition cancelled, players not paid
Again, problem inherited than rather created by Mr Papon.
BPL was penned during Mr Kamal's tenure without any formal agreement between Board, Franchise and the Event Organizers. That was a mega mess he inherited and I thought did a decent enough job for atleast making sure the event took place last time despite the whole payment, pakistani player fiasco.
Plus his hard stance against the PCB was also commendable.

7. Election rigged
Debatable issue. Any election is about securing your votes through diplomacy and channels and I thought Mr Saber Hossain finally backed off seeing he did not have enough firepower to stage a comeback. He lost in the diplomacy part. As I say, debatable issue. 11. Ireland tour cancelled
We already toured them last year before the T20 World cup.
Which tour you are referring to ?
12. Zimbabwe tour not arranged
Again, arranging a tour isn't really a mamu barir abdar.
Replying your message won't make a big difference but I still want to say it.

at the same time last year during mostofa kamal presidency we didnt have international game for 4 month and guess what he arranged 3 series for us against Wi t&T , tri nation series against zimbabwe and south africa , and macthes against irish dutch and scotish , only 4 month , and this year we have gap for almost a six month but papon didn't arrange not even a single series for bangladesh , what a failure , and than the he cancelled the ireland tour so than he can put that expense money in his pocket

this year BPL was so important than even a any international series for bangladesh cz of the world t20 , yes BPL had payment problem so didnt they had in first edition too ? but they still manage the 2nd edition without much of problem , but this guy papon screwed over everything when we needed that tournament the most

saber hossain wouldbeen a 1000 times better president than papon , but saber found out that this guy papon used all his bangladesh awamilege power and his all 2numberi , so saber knew he cant become a president if this guy stay here , well if papon wanna call himself a true bcb presidnet than he should hold a bcb presidency election again

nz series was done more than month ago and still bangla fan had to wait for another international game almost nearly a 3 month , how devastating is this , and papon epsulately done nothing to arrange some matches for bd during this time

Last edited by Zunaid; December 8, 2013 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: fixed [/quote]