View Single Post
Old April 18, 2019, 01:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
The squad is what it is. Mosaddek is in because of Riyad's injury. If Riyad was able to bowl, I think Imrul would have gotten in. I _am_ bummed for Taskin but it seems like a simple fitness issue. I'm mostly worried about Mash's ability to go the distance of this long tournament with so many matches.
I don't know how much value Taskin would have brought. Yes he's a wicket taker, but he is also a tad bit too expensive and I don't think his recent form was all that great. Leading wicket taker in BPL, but T20 wickets shouldn't count because batsman are essentially slogging. Thats how Al Amin Hossain got all his lucky wickets. In BPL, economy rate is far more important in determining the good bowlers.

Its a decent squad.

Bowling attack is weak - but thats still the best bowling attack we have. I like the inclusion of Jayed as a swing bowler.

Liton, Mithun, Mosaddek are the batting weak points but apart from Yasir Ali, there is no other answer. Jahirul, Anamul, Naeem Islam are tried and tested failures. Mosaddek if he replaces Mithun in the top order, has the chance to do well. If he bats down the order, he will struggle.

With Soumya, Sabbir, and Mosaddek we have a good fielding corp.

A little light on spin, and no quality wrist spinner are the glaring weaknesses.

Yasir and Naeem coming in place of Liton and Mithun would be ideal, but perhaps upset the batting balance of the XV.

But as you said, it is what it is. Not as strong as the 2015 squad IMO, but more experienced and battle tested.

We know Soumya can win us a game with an Eid innings. Hoping for hte best.

#OneTeam1Dream