Thread: Go Cubs
View Single Post
Old August 11, 2004, 12:33 AM
Retired BC Admin

I've most if not all the official DOBs of our U19 team.

A few of them already crossed the 19 mark but they were sent to England anyway because the ECB askd us to ignore the age limit and send the team that participated in the February World Cup instead. It is quite understandable that the ECB itself may opt to play one or two such player.

Now, there might be intentional or unintentional errors in the determination of the actual date of birth as we all aware of the medical and statistical limitations of our country.

You send your kids "Lubaba Ahmed" and "Tarin Ahmed" to school only to find the teacher changed it to "Musammath Lubaba Ahmed" and "Muhammad Tarin Ahmed" respectively. And that is only a tip of the iceberg.

What matters most is the "Official Date of Birth" and nothing else. Does it really matter how old Khaled Masud is if he continues to perform?

If Nafees Iqbal is elligible to play with the next U19 team, is there gonna be any problem?

Did you see some the pictures from the last U19 WC participants who looked way too older than their said age? But the bottom line is, it doesn't matter as long as the official DOB permits.

If anyone doesn't like to believe someone's actual age, please be my guest. But continue to whine about it doesn't help the cause. Without any name calling, we saw every now and then this unpleasant (unnecessary?) topic surfaces even though we all have pretty good idea about the whole age thing in Bangladesh.

Since we have absolutely nothing to gain and lot to loose with this kind of discussions, may I ask all of you to put it behind our head and just move on, if possible? Thank you very much.