View Single Post
Old June 3, 2007, 10:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy
when enamul haque jr dismised M clark at fattulah 1st test 1st inn, bit like the shane warnes ball of the century.
my choice also.

my favorites: QUOTE He flighted the ball and it simply soared into the atmosphere almost at zero pace, if that was possible. Newton’s law of gravity was simply suspended. As Enamul himself explained later, he had concealed the shiny side inside thus letting the ball drift. To me that is the science part of the delivery. The romance is in the arts of it!

Modern television cameras are very sophisticated. They capture the minutest movement of the ball. Even the maker’s name is visible. However, no such technology could pick up the thin string, so thin that it could only be measured in nanometers, but a thousand times stronger than the spider’s thread, that Enamul had attached to the ball.

The ball had soared into space. It was meant to follow a parabolic route. That is what Clarke also thought. Little did he know that the wily Enamul was about to tug that string. As he gave that invisible tug, the ball lost pace, the flight changed. Clarke lunged forward in a classical forward defensive style , bat and pad together, knowing the ball would hit the middle of the bat as was pre-ordained. It was not to be. The ball fell well short.

So far I have only revealed the intricacies of the flight. But what about the spin! King Warne was in the pavilion next man in. But he too must have been impressed by the sheer rip that Enamul had given the ball. Clarke had already been, what cricketers knowledgably refer to as, beaten in flight. But the ball had more mysteries to offer.UNQUOTE

delicious writing Imtiazk, exceptional thread, better decision to fast track it to the front page. thanks Z-bhai.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 3, 2007 at 10:56 PM..