View Single Post
Old June 14, 2005, 03:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Looks like I am not the only person unhappy with team management. In his column in Prothom Alo, Lipu thinks under DW's guidence, performence of the players are going down. In support of his claim he pointed at national players' ordinary performences in the last NCL. He also thinks, like I do, DW does not have his heart in his job anymore.

You can't just blow away this guy as under his and Grindege's guidence Bangladesh at least managed to beat strong county teams like Middlesex and Essex (I consider that much talked win too controversial, so don't want to mention it).

Atahar and Faruk thinks current bunch is more talented than the team that played WC'99. So, I find it very puzzling why they can't even reapet the same fit that the bunch of 99 accompliced.

Well.. I seem to disagree wtih Lipu although, i am a huge fan on Lipu bhai. But.. commenting on DW's dedication for the team... is someting.. difficult for me to accept. DW has the most difficult job of the world. He has to fight the entire international and domestic media when hei is doing his job. He is a human being , So.. he can get frustated with the team performace.. after all.. its the players who will play on the ground. But.. he surely is a very aspiring personality and If I were Lipu bhai, i would be just keeping some more faith in him. Its better if the team develops gradually and then it can sustain in the longer run.

About the players.. i also believe that, this present players are much more talented and technically sound than that generation. OUr players have much better technique now and only thing that they lack in temerment. So.. if they can stick together for sometime and play.. then.. I believe, there will be much better results from this present team players.

I dont think.. win against the county team is any important basis of judgement. Our present team is infact much better in technique and much more gutsy than that generation. They are also pretty young compared to them and have much less cricketing experiences (all together i mean.., the old guys player 5-10 years of Dhaka league that featured many international players). Moreover.. one more point...although not to disrespect the result achieved by older generation, is that.. County cricket standard was at its bottom during that time. County cricket is much more stronger now and genrating great cricket players for last few years. So.. Playing against them.. is much more difficult than few years back. The comparision shouldnt be there. I infact have much higher hopes than ayntime before even after the very dismal performance by BD team. I am sure.. if they are contiue to learn.. the same team will give much more trouble to stablished cricketing nations within 5 years.