View Single Post
Old June 9, 2012, 06:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Kevon Cooper: Speaking to Newsday yesterday, Cooper expressed disappointment with his predicament and expressed scepticism about participating in the tournament in the future.

“It’s a great disappointment after playing. It’s not only me, a lot of the other West Indian players haven’t been paid. After a very good competition with the players and spectators satisfied with the level of play it’s disappointing.

Next year players will think twice about going there because you went and play with all your heart and to not be paid is not right,” Cooper declared.

The right-hander, who was a hit at the Indian Premier League for Rajasthan Royals before picking up an injury, revealed that his manager has been given the runaround by the Bangladesh Premier League but believes if the clubs cannot pay then the Bangladesh Cricket Board may have to fork out the money instead.

Kieron Pollard: Meanwhile, Pollard, who has played in Twenty20 tournaments throughout the world including the Indian Premier League, KFC Big Bash (Australia) and Friends Life T20 (England) revealed that this is the first time he has experienced a situation like this.

“Before the tournament they were supposed to pay a certain percentage (and) that didn’t happen, during the tournament they were supposed to pay a certain percentage (and) that didn’t happen and after it was the same thing,” Pollard revealed.

“It’s disappointing knowing it’s a league you’ve played in and haven’t been paid,” he said. Asked whether he would return for the second edition of the Bangladesh Premier League scheduled to start in January 2013, Pollard was reluctant to indicate his availability next year.

“Obviously it’s a disappointing situation and it’s something you will have to decide but it’s not a good first impression they’ve made,” he pointed out.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,161496.html?