View Single Post
Old December 11, 2008, 03:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
About this article : I have seen this article months ago on DP, perhaps at the time of movement in USA, Canada, UK etc., to recognize '71 killings as genocide. Even someone in DP raised question on "why was this report popped up timely from the author"?! Do we see such report from main stream [or not] local media till now or every now and then? Unfortunately NO is the answer I must say, and thats a huge reality reflect I cant just ignore, nor can be put aside saying our local media is biased towards Pakistan people.

Anyway, as many of BC members already said, we are not dumb enough to get carried away just for one 'Fariha' emotion or experience, nor I am saying to hate them in revenge or anything for that matter. But however, it is very important to let them know clearly "how we feel and what we want", no matter how they response till they [Pakistani people] get it right.
Bro, I won't be too surprised on the report though.. my nana was a doctor in the Pakistan army(before 71) and based in Abbotabad near Islamabad. My mum went there for the first time in late 90s after independence... she got the same warmth and closeness from the people as mentioned by the author, even though none of the locals remembered or recogized her. Infact she was shocked herself as she was expecting people to hate Bangladeshis or atleast be indifferent.

I don't think general people from any nation is inherently evil or bad in nature. Infact even Indian general public is very hospitable to Pakistanis and vice versa.. lot of sikhs wrote about their excellent experience in Lahore during India's tour there.

But saying this, our government should still be very strong in it's demand for an offical apology. Korea got that from Japan, the European countries from Germany..

Last edited by imtiaz82; December 11, 2008 at 03:24 AM..