Thread: A team matches
View Single Post
Old April 10, 2005, 05:55 AM
Cricket Legend

The majority may not be interested but some of us are. This topic atleast makes a valid point which is more than most topics opened nowadays.

Anyway, you are right ajithlalm, A and age level tours are very important but I think the BCB has done pretty well in that regard in recent times. I think they really need to work on jazzing up the NCL. This is just speculation of course but I get the feeling that our top players are really not committed to their NCL teams. They just play in matches in order to impress the selectors. And the ones that don't need to impress the selectors don't play. As a result, the intensity of the matches suffer. If our top players played for their divisional teams like it really mattered, it will have an impact on the other players as well.

Look at players from England or Australia. Boycott would tell you that playing for Yorkshire was just as much a thing of pride for him as playing for England. I've read interviews of Aussie players who have said that they have been involved in matches for NSW that have been more intense than Test matches that they have played. That is what we should try to aim for. Otherwise, the NCL will never serve its true purpose! We have discussed different ways of improving the NCL, from increasing players' wages to making top players play. I hope that the people within the BCB are also thinking about these issues.

Anyway, don't let the lack of responses discourage you from posting cricket related topics on this forum. Its easier to get more responses by posting a stupid topic, but there are enough people to do that!