Thread: Financial News
View Single Post
Old February 26, 2014, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Ajfar, I like the way you talk now. You've come a long way my friend over last couple of years. You sound maad smart now with your little investment talk. Your green mountain coffee pick was a good one. I am not too sure about your ATRS but you got me sold buddy, I like the way you think.... Buyout hmmmm.... the magic word there.

I think GILD bought out the company for some billion dollars that was developing sovaldi. That was an eye popping number back then and now this drug is their engine of rocket revenues..... The great question is what will happen to them when everyone is hep c free.... should you be happy or sad?

anyways continue with recs and ideas and thoughts....

here found an article of 2011:

Quote:
(Reuters) - Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD.O) struck a deal to buy biotechnology company Pharmasset Inc VRUS.O for about $11 billion in a huge and risky bet on the next generation of hepatitis C treatments.

Gilead, the world's largest maker of HIV drugs, will pay $137 per share for each Pharmasset share, an 89 percent premium for a company with no significant marketed products.

Pharmasset shares had already more than tripled in the past year based on the potential of its experimental hepatitis C medicines to create a new standard of care for the 180 million people worldwide infected with the serious liver disease.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7AK0XU20111121
great buy yeah...