View Single Post
Old November 1, 2009, 07:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
sry to have picked on ur comment; the comment was meant for everyone complaining about naeem in general

he has played 22 ODIs
Not out in 8 ODIs (with most scores at 4)
and DNB in 5 other matches

in other words in more than half of his matches he did not get a chance to demonstrate his capabilities and in the rest he is played so low down that either it is near the end where he has to take unnecessary risks to up the scorecard or the bating line-up has completely collapsed and so the supporting batsman is the 10th or 11th man - neither case is appropriate for a batsman to show his skills

what naeem needs is a chance to play at number four (instead of rakib) or at least 5/6 (instead of mahmudullah)
I was thinking along similar lines the other day when I suggested that Naeem needs to be put at no.3 instead of Ash until Ash figures out his current form or rather the lack of.

Any one who has been watching Ash over the years must have noticed a sudden change in Ash. He was the player that could ALWAYS connect rite from the word go! His problem always used to be stupid strokes. More recently though, he has not been connecting bat to ball. He is swatting for flies outside his off stump. A real sad sight for me at least.

I think he needs a break because the international stage is not the place for a player to find form back (Even though our local matches are utter cr*p half the time; Good to know that it is getting more competitive of late though). If he is not given a break he could also be batting in place of Naeem for a while. That could work in both ways.

Lets see what decision our team takes though. It will be interesting how they solve this puzzle 'coz clearly Riyad and Naeem both do not fit in that line-up.