View Single Post
Old August 31, 2006, 10:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Furqan bhai, well done.
May be in terms of religious bigotry, we Bangladeshies are less bigot than our neighbors. But not so much as your write up suggest (this is entirely my opinion). Those bigots we see here less is because of strong moderation. so those people quickly got banned. Also some of the most active members are more or less seculer. also FC is quite dead because vladmamu is not there to incite some hoted discussion on religion. I remember durring his time some of the members were banned after repeated warning. And I think, the thread of da vinchi code has to be locked for some time because it was going on the direction of hatred and bigotry to other religion.
i respectfully differ...

how many members got banned? dawah, is the only one anyone can really come up with a name. and he never mentioned genocide. the da vinci code thread, had 1 anti-christian poster, IIRC.

further, our BC members have hotly contested anti-islamic threads and posts, but have always maintained a higher level of decorum than anyone pakpassion or ICFer, whose posts reek with profanity.

our site is far superior to theirs, as well as our tolerance of minorities. we still have a long way to go, but in a 26 mile marathon, we are a good 10 miles ahead of the indians and pakistanis who are themselves a few yards apart.

#OneTeam1Dream