View Single Post
Old January 18, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The rest of the world needs to come to their senses and be united against these three top boards. SA, NZ, SL, Zimabwe, Pakistan, WI, BD, Afghanistan, Ireland. I see enough nations for cricket to continue in a fair manner. Let India Australia and England play each other in 15 match ODI series all year with each other.
I think everyone is missing the fact that relegation is only for Test cricket not ODI/T20. This is just another way to eliminate Test cricket for everyone else except the top 3 + SA. For these boards they still make money when they play Test amongst each other, so they can't ban Test cricket for good. So by making a relegation system, they will continue to play against one another, and if the other boards can afford to play Test cricket against each other than go ahead top 3 board won't care as long as it doesn't cost them any money.

They are not saying we won't play ODI/T20 with other teams, that would be dumb. Than cricket will just become a 3-4 team sports. They just don't want to play Test cricket against financially weaker boards and lose money. If this goes through we will still play those top teams but only ODI/T20 and most likely only at home.