View Single Post
Old January 6, 2013, 03:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I honestly feel there's a lot more to him than that

Mominul Haque Shourobh is the real concern for me. I doubt he'll make it at this level but pray to GOD that he proves me wrong. That being said, he's still better than many of the guys from the previous generation who have been given quite a few chances.
I think Mominul can be a stop gap solution at least. He might not be amazing, but I think he has the potential to develop into a very handy batsman. Mental strength and an academic understanding of what to do when is essential if your technique is half decent. His batting looks quite a bit more compact than Shakib and Nasir's.

I'm more appalled by Anamul/Enamul's atrocious footwork and hope it was due to the jitters of his first series. I cannot fathom how that bat-pad gap allowed him to score even at our NCL level - although I guess if Elias Sunny can score centuries then anyone can - or how he top scored at the U-19 world cup Down Under. I really pray he tightens his technique against pace, because he's a pretty good hitter/stroker of a cricket ball.

#OneTeam1Dream