Thread: Allrounders
View Single Post
Old June 28, 2010, 10:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i believe botham is considered by quite a few to be the best allrounder in his prime, match winning with both ball and bat in his pomp. however imran is widely regarded as the best ever (over the period of a whole career) allrounder not just because he's one of the greatest pacers of all time and has a really solid average with the bat but his leading skills set him apart from alot of allrounders as well, and don't forget there was like a 10 year period during his career where he managed to average 50+ with the bat and around or under 20 with the ball, pretty amazing stats for a decades worth of work.....

miller is regarded as one of the greatest, stats don't do him justice, plus apparently he didn't always take things seriously, i've been told a story where for one reason or another he literally decided to gift his wicket by standing aside and letting the bowler knock over his stumps.

sobers is possibly the greatest allrounder in the broadest definition of the word, terrific batsman, terrific fielder, and above average in all bowling suits.

proctor is consider by some as the most talented cricketer to ever be born.....

as far as shakib goes, i think in tests his best bowling is far better than his best batting....in one-dayers he's pretty similar in both batting and bowling but in tests i'd say his bowling is better, not just because of consistency but because of quality as well.....however he's really talented and i hope he goes down as one of the greatest allrounders.