View Single Post
Old September 25, 2010, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huda
English pitches turning sqaure? What BS is that? Show me one game this summer where the ball has regularly turned sqaure in england. I watch England as much as a i watch BD cricket, Swann relies on flight and length, pace off the ball rather than turn to get his wickets. In England apart from Old trafford the pitches are still more conducive to seam bowling as we have SEEN all this SUMMER rather than spin bowling. He often also gets his wickets in the first innings, where the ball does not aid the spinner as much. He is a very clever bowler. Spinners need to be mature and experience, Shakib will get this over time.
Quote:
29.4 Swann to Shoaib Malik, no run, plays forward, big turn and it lobs off the pad to short leg 33.1

33.1 Swann to Shoaib Malik, no run, oh, big turn again! Perhaps a little inside edge onto the pad and it lobs safely forward of slip

Swann to Zulqarnain Haider, no run, A king pair? Steve Davis gives him lbw! Oh, but Haider wants a review and it's a good call. This one stayed low but to the naked eye it appeared to be turning too much, and HawkEye confirms that would have missed leg

Swann to Zulqarnain Haider, no run, turns sharply in and Haider defends
This is from the 2nd test where swann got his 6fer against pakistan. And there's a LOT LOT more.

And even Ajmal who cant turn the ball to save his life got good turn while he bowled a touch slower:
Quote:
Saeed Ajmal to Pietersen, 4 leg byes, 81.7 kph, oh, Pietersen gets even more good fortune! That is a lovely delivery that beats Pietersen in flight - it's much slower at 52mph - and turns sharply through the gate only to just miss leg stump and it also beats the keeper
Now who's talking BS here?