View Single Post
Old November 5, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

wow! what a time Oz are having! loving it! all these years I saw it other way........

Cricinfo comment from an oz supporter:
Posted by Marcio on (November 05 2010, 13:02 PM GMT)
The Oz selection team must be fired. For this game they dropped the 2 best bowlers from the last game (Doherty, Hastings), & brought in Hauritz, at best a middling int'l player. They then retained Johnson & Siddle, who were failures in the 1st game. The results were predictable, but the selctors seem content to lose any or all games to get Ashes players some game practice, determined to promote mediocrity. Since when was it policy to lose games to "build" for later possible wins? I must say that as a long time Aussie supporter I now actually hope Australia lose the ashes: Then maybe, just MAYBE CA or whomever hires Hilditch and co will be forved to fire them for their absolute ineptitude. There are many very good players in Australia. They are being crucified by a clueless selection committee hellbent on self-destruction. Current policy is insane: throw away games to build for the Ashes. Did it ever occur to them that self-belief might also be sacrificed along with the losses? Clueless