View Single Post
Old July 5, 2006, 11:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I think if we (muslims) find somebody well known also a muslim we feel proud. Just like somebody from india feels proud when there is someone from india is play world cup soccer or in nasa or in f1. Same way we feel proud to say a bangali won nobel price...
Now a american wouldn't understand this same some body who is not proud to be a muslim too....
Its always the minority that feels proud just like christan's from pakistan use to feel proud of yousuf youhana. NO body coun't how many muslims there r in the pakistan team or bangladeshi team they count how many minority r there and they feel proud.. just like us muslims feel proud when we hear that a muslim is playing for france....
I don't want to attack anyone this is just what i think people feels when they say this is muslim and so on....
well said.....and it also helps me personally to increase my Imaan when I read/see the stories of reverts.......May Allah guide us all in the right path...Ameen
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)