View Single Post
Old March 21, 2011, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
1. If any of you watched the Bangladesh vs. South Africa game from the very begining, you may have noticed that there was already a hint of disrespect by Tamim to Nafees. Right after the national anthem ended, Nafees said something to Tamim to pick up his kit, Tamim ignored him and said something in return, Nafees asked Shakib to intervene and the captain also rejected Nafees and didnt co-operate. A very minor thing. But when I saw it in TV, I sensed that either its between Nafees and the team or this has something to do with the pre-Siddons vs. post-Siddons grouping that we hear from the journalists.

2. That part I saw it in TV but I also read in Ittefaq.com that Ashraful was asked to stand in the net before the South Africa match for one hour even when he was told that he will not be in the team. He was almost crying as the junior team members getting net practice and he isnt. It is not his fault that the selectors are selecting him despite his off-form but he is the one who is going through this crowd bashing all the time.

3. We all saw and killed the horse to death about the issue of Mashrafee selection. When our seam bowlers were constantly bowling leg side and were not able to bowl to the line, his absence was dearly felt. His experience in talking to young pacers during the match was severly missed. Commentators like Artherton, Gavaskar also mentioned that you do not replace pace bowlers radically, you do that with one senior pacer around to guide the newbies. They need the guidance to cope with world class players that the senior one has seen. We all know how Siddons got into direct confrontation with Mashrafee and how his whole presence/net practice and desire to be part of the team became a bitter issue all around.

4. I was watching the Banglavision analytical show hosted by Bashar. His guest was Rafique the other day. Rafique broke into tears when he was saying that he got an offer from India before the World Cup but he rejected it. He wanted to help Bangladesh and offered his assistance for free. The board didnt say a thing to him. He also mentioned that this generation of players seemed to be more professional in taking money but not passionate for playing for Bangladesh. He was almost crying and Bashar didnt know what to say,, there was an awkard silence for few seconds and later Rafque went into a different topic. This is nothing new, Bashar, Pilot, Rafique, Shujon like many ex players are neglected by the board.

I included 4 very specific examples of what is happening in BCB these days. We want a team to perform but a team of 21 year olders cannot be world beaters. When Pakistan is brining back Shoaib Akhter, Razzaque we are dumping Shahadat or Rasel or even Mashrafee. When Shafiul was unable to bowl the lines to the South Africans, NOT A SINGLE player went and talked to him like Ashraful or Mashrafee or Bashar used to do. When a player like Muralitharan, Johnston, Oboya, Tikolo is still playing, our Nazimuddin, Mithun, Rasel, Shahadat, Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh, Shamshur Rahman are already forgotten names... No team in the world can flourish with this type of team selection process where we are not blending experience and constantly bringing in changes. It is high time that we bring back experience with talent and let talent be solidified under the wings of experienced players.
Very touching, emotional and absolutely right comment. I agree with everything you said.