View Single Post
Old October 22, 2017, 06:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Hope that's sarcasm!
no I am pretty sure its not sarcasm. Actually I agree with him. He provided a brief stat to back it up.

In this whole series (TEST and ODI) tell me which senior player played well consistently?

Its the whole team ( senior and juniors) sucked big time.

And to tell that the Junior players only played bad is factually incorrect.

Usually senior players leads with performance and junior players follow them and over time they improve or they perish and new face come up.

The coach(s), selectors, captain and the senior players need to take more heat for the series failure.

Yes its very valid to ask about the performance of some of the young players who have been playing a while now: like SS, Sabbir, Taskin and Nasir. They have been playing for a while now, are they improving or not. If not why they are still getting chance over others.

But then we also have ask question how come senior players like Rahim, Riyad, Tamim, Mashrafee, Imrul failed in these series to provide constant performance?

Just blaming new players like Litton, Shaifuddin, Shubhasis is plain and simple wrong. This series is very difficult, and just bringing them in and expecting miracle from get-go is completely insane. You can debate why these young players and not other young/older players that is a separate discussion. But once you bring this young players, you need to stick with them for longer period of time before tagging them as no good.

In this series, Litton was used by the captain/management in difficult situations. Rahim when he was doing wicket keeping, constantly used it as an excuse for not batting in top order. But when Tamim was not allowed to start the innings in test, They sent Litton to open, even he did the wicketkeeping. Instead of Rahim show his leadership quality, he threw Litton (still unproven in the team) in the fire.

The problem is much deeper than just trying to find the scapegoats amoung the new players.... its easy way out. The problem is much deeper than that.

This was a very difficult away series for us. Were our players ready for it? Experienced players may have some past experience, but for new players... they didn't have much experience. BCB need to bear some blame for our young players (excluding Tamim, Rahim, Riyad, Imrul, mashrafe, Sakib) for not having enough experience.

Team selection. BCB screwed up the process and only Faruk complained and resigned and very few of our members complained. Actually in that discussion here, they were criticizing Faruk and welcomed the ideas of change. I still recall, only I and only few others complain at that time.

Head coach and other national team coach (bowling, etc) need to take ownership of this failure. But the captain also need a major share of the failure.

Both captains failed to lead the team. regardless how much coach interfered with the captaincy (rumored but not proven), I still believe a captain in the field had lot of power to show his leadership. And they failed. Coach interference cannot be an excuse, they have take the blame of failure. I have heard from Papon's conversation, captains constantly come to him and plead for other senior players (some of them were dropped temporarily for performance reason)... so the team you get sometimes have influence of the captain's preference.

Senior players are mainly a bunch of self serving politicians more interested in securing their positions, creating a wall and not welcoming new players, do all sort of village politics to make sure their buddies are in the team. This is the impression I got from few folks who are in BCB in director and other capacity.

I think we should expect and demand more from our senior players. Their position is secured for their past performance. That I understand, but we should expect more from them compared to young players). If our senior players create an environment that may not be welcoming to our young players, management need to identify and remove them from the team. Because, in long run, that cannot be good for the team. There need to be a flow of new blood in the team, that creates more competition for each position.

Bottom line we sucked big time in this series.... and its not because of only for our new and young players.... its much deeper than that.