View Single Post
Old April 18, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Gowza mate since your an Aussie we should talk about your team as well. I'll give my opinions about some of the players. I believe that Cowan is more of a stop gap solution and the selectors should be looking at other options. Warner is a superb talent but is still far too edgy for a Test batsmen. He definitely has to tighten up his technique if he wants to become a class batsman. That being said, he's still young and has time to work on his game but has a long ways to go. I have to say that Watson has been a huge disappointment so far in his Test career but hasn't been surprising. His technique is not nearly compact enough to be a top order batsman at this level. It seems you can drive a truck through bat-pad gap. I believe he also has to work on his technique if he wants to become a class batsman. I hate say this because Ponting is a legend but maybe this is the time to go? If there is another high class talent coming in, he should probably hang up his boots and give that talent a go. Clarke and Hussey are performing beautifully as usual. Wade is also another guy that should be invested time in. I'm glad they decided to let Haddin go and give this young guy chances. He's got a ways to go but this experience should do him good.

As for the Aussie bowling, you guys seem really set with the pacers. Siddle, Hilfy, Harris are all veteran guys and not slowing down at all. Then you have the young pacers in Pattinson, Starc and Cummins who all have immense potential and will do really well for years to come. As for the spinners, Lyon is starting to come up very nicely which is great to see. He might not become an all time great but I definitely believe he'll be solid. Beer, however doesn't seem to be the long term answer and the selectors should look for another spinner who can perform well when they are in need of 2 spinners in a match.

What is your opinion about this team?
well the aussie team atm is what it is because that's all we got tbh......we really don't have any better options other than older guys who don't have too much longer left i.e. david hussey, chris rogers etc. khwaja (did i spell it right?) he was meant to be a long term solution that didn't work out. warner was given a chance due to potential and although he has things to work on i reckon he's the best choice to take one of the opener spots atm. cowan i never really rated, saw his debuted match didn't reated him then but surprisingly to me the commentators of that match thought he would be a test prospect one day and look where he is, but yes stop gap presuming we can find someone (hughes was always meant to be a long term opener for us)......watson again is our best option atm....as far as ponting goes he's not what he use to be but better than the others in the country still, that's why they haven't brought anyone in for him imo. i mean we have guys like george bailey, steve smith, mark cosgrove, marsh maybe they should be given more chances, joe burns is doing well but i've never seen him so can't comment.

wade is our best keeper batsman i've no doubt about that, glad he's got his opportunity now.

as far as bowlers go, we are good with pacers. pattinson is the best prospect he'll be something special i think. cummins atm really just has pace, doesn't have the weapons that pattinson has. starc is decent, he'll be solid but i'm not sure he will be more than that....and as far as spinners go we have no one, steve smith they were trying to build as a good leg spin option, i'm not sure what he's doing with that but he hasn't really progressed.